practiced medicine in the Shuswap from 1948 when he re‐located from Kamloops. This followed a short but distinguished career in R.C.A.M.C. He had a busy medical practice which he combined with a busy family life and a keen interest in community affairs. He served as president of the Salmon Arm Rotary Club and had a major influence in the housing projects undertaken by the club. He served on the board of the BCMA where he represented District 10. For relaxation and a break from being on call Dr Alexander loved fishing and golfing as outdoor activities.