Dr. Ralph Williams was a medical fixture in the Shuswap. A 1953 graduate in Medicine from University of Manitoba, he came to this community as a young man to relieve when the community was short physicians. He fell in love with the place and stayed on. Dr Ralph was always available to his patients, on‐call nonstop 365 days a year. He was an integral part the medical staff organization and served several years as Chief of Staff. Throughout his 42 year career he strived for professional harmony. He was honoured by his profession by being nominated as a CMA Senior Member. He cared deeply for his community and devoted much effort to serving. He also enjoyed the lake and skiing.