“Before you Give” Checklist
Philanthropic giving can generate significant satisfaction and be a very enjoyable experience. The checklist below is intended as a guide for you to ensure that this gifting experience remains fulfilling for you in your decision to support the Shuswap Hospital Foundation.
- My gift will enhance health care in my community. Believing in the cause you support is key to enhanced gift-giving satisfaction.
- I have selected the best way to make my gift. Lifetime gifts (such as securities) have certain appeal, while deferred gifts (through life insurance, bequests, or trusts as examples) can be more practical and beneficial.
- This gift will not endanger my financial security. Large charitable gifts are great both for you, the donor and the foundation as recipient, provided due consideration has been given to your own needs, those of your family and other commitments first.
- I understand the tax benefits of my gift. A “tax-wise” gift may enable you to boost the amount of your gift – benefiting both yourself and the foundation.
- I have received counsel from a competent advisor. The larger the gift, the more important wise, qualified professional counsel is, when making a major gifting decision.
- I have spoken with the Shuswap Hospital Foundation about my planned gifting at their office at Shuswap Lake General Hospital, 601 10 St NE, Salmon Arm, BC or by phone at 250-803-4546.
Staff are a phone call away to assist you with the gift giving process and help facilitate a satisfying gift giving experience.