was a true Shuswapian having been born and received her primary education in the Sorrento‐Carlin area. She became an RN graduating from the Kamloops Hospital Academy of Nursing in 1929. She was dedicated to helping others in her soft spoken and gentle way. She practiced at Kamloops Hospital and then moved to the Tranquille Sanatorium, then nursed in Vancouver and in San Francisco until she retired to return to the Shuswap to care for her aging mother. In a final act of support bequeathed a major amount to the stewardship of the Sorrento Lions Club to be used for the betterment of the community.